Wednesday 6 March 2019

SURPRISE 3 BLACK WINS

Kelly`s Heroes had a surprise win tonight against Strand 1. It was the players with the black pieces who brought home the victory!




My game with Calum ended, with Calum pulling out a couple of neat tactical tricks!
Trick 1 is below, it is black to play, what would you play?



Neat Trick 2 is below, black to play, what would you play?


I will post the moves played in the comments section tomorrow.

There is a beautiful passage of scripture which sums up chess tactics, when you happen to be on the wrong end of them!

Proverbs 6:27,28 

27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
28 Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?

1 comment:

  1. In the first position black played R h4, which surprised me. I had to spend a bit of time deciding what to do, if gxRh4 then the Knight can fork the Q and King. My hope was that black would have simply swapped of the two rooks making it easier for me to simplify the position.

    In the second position black played R x Knight on g3, if the Queen captures the rook, black`s Knight then forks the Q and King by playing Ne3!

    ReplyDelete