Wednesday 20 March 2019

ANOTHER WIN FOR KH, 3.5-1.5 AGAINST FRUITHILL

Another win for KH, 3.5-1.5 against Fruithill. Gareth once again played amazingly well when really, really, really short of time!



In my game with JM, this position occurred, it is a well known piece sac for 3 pawns by white.

I did spend some time thinking about playing it, but decided I did not want to try it against a strong opponent.

Have had this against computer programmes but it was always at the lowest strength playing levels when it occurred.  It is white to play.



Below is a possible position in the piece for 3 pawns sac. It is now Black to play? White obviously intends to take the third pawn on d6.


As things turned out, I may as well have tried it as I lost anyway!

The Bible verse below speaks of Christ the great sacrifice.

Hebrews 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;



No comments:

Post a Comment