Thursday 14 March 2019

IT IS LIKE GOING BACK IN TIME





Doing an errand for a friend last night was like going back in time.

To complete the errand, I had to call into the Belfast South venue, it was very strange seeing the old fold up boards and the mechanical clocks being used!

After the match started, I took my dog for a walk and returned about an hour later. 

Due to the cold night air, the video camera in my pocket was cold, so when I came back into the warm playing venue, the lens of the camera had condensation, it produced a ghostly effect when I started filming again.
**************************************************
Rookie`s report on last night`s match.

The recently confirmed Division 2 Champions were demolished by The B Team, who have now scored 27/35 in their last 5 games. 

We "nicked" a win over a team without their talisman, Nick! In the battle of the 2 Stephens, Stephen "Wood" be favourite and so it proved! 

There was a right "Barney" when Bernard lost to Board prize favourite Paul to tie the match! "You offer- I deliver" was Cathal's comment after beating Paddy- like his usual arriving comment- "Is there a match tonight"? :

"Bob's" your uncle as Bobby clinched the match win with a terrific win over Martin. 


The other team gave their captain a "pat" on the back but Norman still can clinch the board prize next week. 
**************************************************
Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment