Thursday 4 April 2019

HARD FOUGHT MATCH ENDS IN A WIN

KH won another match tonight, though it was hard fought and only was clinched, when Gareth once again won while short of time.

Civil Service 2  KH 3

Some video clips from last night.



When ever I win a game, I no longer feel elated, I feel exhausted, whenever I loose a game I feel doubly exhausted. Time is catching up with me!

Below is the key moment in my game with Mark last night. It is move 21 and black to play, what is black`s best move, or possible moves?

Taking the Knight looks tempting but it may not be so easy for a human to hold the position for black afterwards. 

What is easy for a computer programme is not so easy for a human with limited time?




Below is the key moment the game turned, it is black to play, what would you play? I am black and I lost the game in the end, how ever the key positions are very interesting.



Rookie`s Report is below.

Kelly's Heroes Exploit Clerical Error By Civil Service! 

 Kelly's Heroes won their fourth match in a row in Division 1.

 In fact, it's Belfast South Chess Club's tenth unbeaten game in a row- nine wins and one draw! 

 Having beaten the bottom team, Kelly's Heroes now travel to the second bottom team, Ballynafeigh 2, next Tuesday 9/4/19 @ 7.45pm. 

We are currently joint second in Division 1 behind runaway Strand 1. 

Also, Gareth Annesley, John Bryars and John McKenna all have a chance to get a board prize, like Paul Hanna and Norman McFarland have done for The B Team! Martin Kelly (Captain).

Ecc 12:12  And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment