Thursday 7 February 2019

TIME TROUBLE POSITION, HORRIBLE BLUNDER 3

Robert Lavery and myself had a very intriguing and enjoyable game last night. A very interesting position arose when I was in serious time trouble. Naturally I missed the key move!

The position is below. Black has just played Qxf4 pawn. It is now me to move.

I missed 1.QxR+  KxQ 2. Nh5+ forking the King and the queen.

Plus it was also possible to play 1.Nh5 threatening checkmate and forking the Queen.

Robert played well and I eventually lost the game on time.

There are a number of local players who seem to thrive while playing in time trouble, they seem to find strong moves with ease.

I am not one of them, playing very rapidly in time trouble is not my forte, I do not have the temperament for it!

In all the years playing chess, I have never had the dubious pleasure of suffering from time trouble, but it has really crept up on me over the past few years!

It is good to know the Devil will suffer from serious time trouble, that is when he, and his minions will make all their fatal mistakes!

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment