Thursday 14 July 2016

GAME 5 A COMFORTABLE WIN

Game 5 in the series of Fritz rated games, turned out to be the sort of game every chess player enjoys. Get an advantage from the opening and increase the advantage to a win, without having to suffer any narrow escapes.

After 10 games against Fritz rated 2290 the score was 7.5 to 2.5 in my favour. 

The result is skewed as the programme reset itself after the first 5 games. This means I had 6 whites and 4 blacks out of the ten games, instead of 5 white and 5 black.

The game is below with Fritz analysis.


My main resources for playing the Nf6 line have been books. I have Anti-Sicilians A guide for Black by Dorian Rogozenko.

Plus I picked up a cheap second hand book in the Chess shop on Euston road a few years ago, as I was in transit through London. It is "c3 Sicilian" by Joe Gallagher. 

Although it is written for playing as white, it is also useful for those playing the black pieces.

An excellent resource for Anti-Sicilians is the DVD by Danny King.

Danny King gives a very good line for black against the c3 sicilian, though it is not the one I played in the game. I have played it on a number of occasions against the computer programme with good results.

The reason I did not play it in the game above is very simple. I am not going to let all the members of the UCU know what lines I am playing, as I will be facing them in league games. 

At the moment my ambition is to increase the grading strength of the Fritz rated mode up to 2400 within the next few months. It will be interesting to see how I fare against it at stronger levels.

Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment