Saturday 9 July 2016

DISASTER AND A BAD HABIT

My fourth game in the new rated game mode was somewhat of a disaster.  The defence was not at fault, it was a clear case of bad judgement on my part.

Was not following any lines from any of my DVD`s or books here, I thought I could get an advantage after Fritz played 4.Qd3.  It did not work out that way though.  There is a saying which deals with such scenarios, it is "Dry yer eyes."



Game 5 ended because I cannot get out of a bad habit.  After Fritz made move 29, I sensed I had a better position but had not worked out the best way to continue, so I doubled to see what it would do, Fritz then resigned.



Need to get out of the bad habit of doubling, it would be better to keep playing because we humans can blunder even really good positions. Looking at it after the game, I think I may have been tempted to play 30.Nb6 next.

Bologan`s DVD series encouraged me to start playing the Open Sicilian.



In game 4 I was wise in my own eyes, so I subsequently lost.

The score is 3.5 to 1.5 in my favour.
Proverbs 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment