Tuesday 2 October 2018

PLEASING WIN

Last week I managed to obtain a very pleasing win against Fritz rated play with the white pieces, what made it most pleasing, was the fact it was based largely on intuition, rather than clear calculation.

Early in the game this position arose, I could instinctively see the potential Bxg6 sacrifice, then I noticed black may be able to play Rg8 and pin the bishop? 

After a few seconds it was clear this does not work, as white can play Qxe6+. So I played Bxg6 and started my attack.


It became very difficult for me to calculate all the possible lines black could play after this tactical position was acheived.

Eventually the position below was reached, where it is white to play. Here I had to spend a bit of time working out what to do, though it may be easy to spot once you are shown the position as a tactical puzzle.

I played Rxd5+, it did not win the game instantly but an easily winning endgame soon occurred.


Ecclesiastes 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment