Monday 27 August 2018

HORRIBLE BLUNDER 2

The position below arose in a game I played last week. I am black, Fritz is white and is playing at 2398 strength.
White has just played g5 g6, it is now black to play.


Over the years, I have read in many books, articles and seen in videos, the advice given, that is bad to move the pawns in front of your king. All this information was familiar to me.

However, it is quite different when a computer programme starts attacking your kingside with it`s advanced pawns in reality.

It is as if I became paralysed and transfixed by the danger of white`s attack, it rendered me incapable of analysing the situation correctly, in my bewildered state I failed to heed the advice I had come across over the years.

I was unable to assess the fact that black too had a possible ongoing attack. After the game Fritz analysis showed be the best way to continue, was to ignore white`s attack and reply with b5 b4!

To put it simply, I became bemused in the heat of battle and was unable to think correctly!

I wonder how many club players would be able to analyse the position above for black and play the b5 b4 move?

It would probably be easy for GMs and IMs to assess the situation precisely, but not so easy for many club players?

If I get time tomorrow I must post the game and how it went, I lost.

Then I will post the game showing how it could have and should have went if I had remained calm!

Isaiah 42:25 Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment