Monday 12 February 2018

NOT SURE IF THIS IS A HARD PUZZLE OR AN EASY PUZZLE

Just got a good position for study from a Fritz friendly mode game.  Only I am not sure if it is an easy puzzle to solve or a hard one.

During the game I missed the best continuation and played a much weaker move. Still got a draw in the end, narrowly missed a defeat.

The position is below, with white to play. Note, the e5 pawn is attacking the knight on d4.


White`s best continuation will be posted in the comments section.

Ecclesiastes 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best move given by my Fritz programme was Bxh6. It eventually leads to an overwhelming advantage for white, though it does not result in a forced checkmate.

    During the game I became mistakenly transfixed with the notion that I had to save the Knight on d4. So I ended up making a much weaker move by moving the knight away from attack.

    ReplyDelete