Thursday 8 September 2016

I HAVE FOUND WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR

At the moment I have been playing Fritz rated games with Fritz set to 2398. Most of the games I end up loosing but the good part is this.  

Lots of tactical positions are being produced which are more realistic than the ones I find in tactical puzzles.

They are not straightforward, win in three of four moves, or win material in three or four moves, they tend to be subtler and they have to be spotted during the game.

In most games an advantageous situation arises for me, then I fail to find a strong continuation and the tables quickly turn against me!

In the position below it is white to move, I was white and I instinctively felt this was winning so I doubled and it resigned. 

However, the best way to win may not be so simple, the position may be more treacherous than it looks.



Below, it is white to play and gain advantage.  The programme shows that white`s Queen is in danger.


Here it is black to play.

It is white to play here.  I was black and had just made a few weakening moves, giving away an even position.  

It was nasty being on the receiving end of white`s next few moves.


In the position below, I was black and it is black to play. I was pleased to force a draw, which was a mistake. 

Fritz pointed out a subtle continuation which brings a winning situation.  

This is the best puzzle position so far, though there are many other good ones.




It encapsulates what I have tried to express about tactics but was unable to do so  as clearly as he does in the article.


2 Samuel 13:3 But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David's brother: and Jonadab was a very subtil man.



No comments:

Post a Comment