Wednesday 30 September 2015

ADVICE AND REALISM


Over a number of years I have read various articles from Chess coaches and tutors giving advice about Chess and Chess preparation.

Many of them made the point that is is a good idea for Chess players to have a reasonable degree of  physical fitness. It does seem like a good idea.

However, to attain a degree of fitness you have to train, and if you train regularly you will most certainly get an injury eventually.


I have just found there is a flaw in the advice about being fit.  

I have just found out it is best if you stop training about a week before you play in a tournament because if you get a very painful injury it becomes very hard to concentrate on preparing for a tournament.

It must be even worse if it happens during a tournament!

On Monday night I tore a calf muscle while training, it has been very hard to concentrate on Chess because of the discomfort. 

Got Physio treatment on Tuesday and have an appointment  again for more treatment tomorrow.

The Physio I attend has also given me the name of a good sports Physio in Douglas Isle Of Man.  Hopefully I will not need any treatment in the Isle Of Man.

Physiotherapy seems to be a fascinating subject.


Psalm 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

No comments:

Post a Comment