Friday 13 April 2018

LOOKS LIKE THIS STORY WILL RUN AND RUN FOR A WHILE

Just read an article on Chess.com about "Chess cheating."

It looks like a story which will run and run for quite a while.

Personally speaking, I suspect "Chess cheating" is widespread on probably all the online sites.

It would be a very rare thing for me to play online nowadays, as I can hardly win a game.

The strange thing is, I can regularly get a rating which qualifies for a "Candidate Master" title from Fritz 14 when I play 25 minute time control games, in Fritz rated play mode.

Plus, on a number of occasions I have actually scored a rating which qualifies for a "Fide Master" title from Fritz 14.

Fritz has now reset itself but it keeps the title award from the last set of games.  Sometimes it lets me play a couple of hundred games before it automatically resets, at other times it may reset after about 30 games.

I keep the playing strength at a setting of 2398.


Danny Mallaghan and myself were just talking about online chess a few weeks ago, He was saying he finds it hard to win games as well.

On the very first day, the principal of the Bible college announced that they had found evidence of cheating during exams, which had taken place at the end of the last College year.

They had to start whole inquiry in order to sort the matter out!

When you get cheating going on in a Bible College, you can be sure it is going on in a widespread fashion in the rest of society. 

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment