Wednesday 7 December 2016

WORST DEFEAT EVER?

Tonight`s game was possibly my worst defeat ever against a human. 

At the end of the game I initially thought it was my worst defeat for years, but the more I thought about it, I concluded it is my worst ever defeat against a human.

The opening was a Najdorf Sicilian defence where white plays the solid Be2 line.

I resigned in a middle game position with the same number of pieces and pawns on the board for both sides, I felt it was a hopeless position.

It is a long time since I faced the Be2 line. My computer programme is Deep Fritz 14 and it does play a wide variety of lines against the Najdorf, though it has not played the Be2 line for a good while.


(Note, in the commentary it says Fritz 13 gives 1.88, this is a mistake my programme is Deep Fritz 14.)

In my possession I have Danny King`s DVD on the Najdorf.  This is a very good DVD but I could not remember the lines he gives against Be2.

This would be a very good DVD for people starting to play the Najdorf.


Lately I have also obtained Victor Bologan`s DVD on the Najdorf. 

It is a lot more detailed than the Danny King DVD but I have not seen it all yet.
Definitely need to get more clued up on the Be2 line.



When I started playing the Najdorf it was based upon the book "Mastering the Najdorf" by Arizmendi and Moreno.


If I was starting to do it all again, I would buy the Danny King DVD first to get started, then the Bologan DVD to give more detailed lines, then finally the book and I would pay particular attention to white`s Be2 line.

As you can see I have all the resources necessary to play the Najdorf at club level, which means I can have no excuses for a defeat. I was simply outplayed on the night!

Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment