Friday 9 October 2015

THE THREE HEADED DOG

Someone in N.Ireland has published a book using the brilliant title, "The Three Headed Dog." 

Incidentally, the book has a strong link to the Isle Of Man!

It would make a great title for a chess opening. Maybe GM Simon Williams will be able to conjure up some suitable attack line for his next video series and give it this name.

In my game today a position was reached where you could almost visualise a three headed-dog on the board. You just have to image the horse`s heads are dog`s heads, on c3, e4 and f5, all in a diagonal.

Here is another position which should have arisen in my game today, if I had been a much better player.

A three-pronged attack by white featuring the Knight, Bishop and Queen. Alas, I failed to see it. 
It is black to move.
Here is a real position from my game today, which almost melted my head trying to find the best way to continue. 

I did not find the computer`s best way but fortunately I did find the second best way.

It is white to move, I will post my Computer programme`s best move in the comments section along with my second best move.

Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

1 comment:

  1. In the position from the diagram, my programme gave the move h2 h2 as it`s first option.
    As it`s second option it gave Qa7 which is the move I played in the game.

    ReplyDelete