Saturday 21 April 2018

END GAME DRAW WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN A WIN

In the position below, Fritz is white and has just played 54.Ke2, it is now black to play. 

In the game I played Kc3, it then played Ke3, the sequence was then repeated and Fritz claimed a draw by repetition.

I was not disappointed as I genuinely thought it was a drawn position.

It is not a draw, it is a win for black but I failed to see the winning method.


Tried to post  game below which shows how the endgame should have been played but just cannot get it to post at the minute.

I just could not see that it was needful for black to move away to b1 or b2???

I wonder how many club players would have managed to find the win from the position above?


Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment